Welcome to the Virginia Tech IRB Homepage
Human Subjects in Research
***New! The VT IRB has changed its definition of investigator.***
How May We Help You?
- Researchers interested in completing an IRB application, assistance with the development of human subject forms (e.g., consent forms), and resources related to human research visit our Researchers webpage.
- VT and non-VT persons may take the VT IRB Human Subject Protections Tutorial by visiting our VT IRB Tutorial webpage.
- Virginia Tech's Federalwide Assurance number is FWA00000572, which expires on April 25, 2018. (learn more about the VT IRB)
- Interested in free statistical service, research and education? LISA (Virginia Tech's Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis) provides free statistical collaboration to all members of the VT community. (learn more)
- View the links to the left for more information and options.
Virginia Tech is committed to protecting the rights of and ensuring the safety of human subjects participating in research conducted by faculty, staff and students of the University and for research in which Virginia Tech is engaged. This commitment is vested in the Institutional Review Board for Research Involving Human Subjects (the IRB), and is guided by the ethical principles described in the “Belmont Report” and in applicable federal regulations.